Show Queen Contest is a major attraction for the 2018 Tinahely Show.
Contestants from all over County Wicklow may enter.
It is a fun event and the girls that take part get to know each other and become good friends.
2018 Show Queen Contestants will attend for interview to help the panel select our Show Queen. The 2018 Show Queen winner will receive prizes which include… a trip to Wales to the Pembrokeshire County Show, €100.00 , Voucher from The edge Hair Salon, a piece of jewellery, a bouquet of flowers and a chance to compete for the Wicklow Rose and the Rose of Tralee 2019.
The following criteria apply:
· Be 18 years of age by January 1st 2019 and will not have reached your 29th birthday on or prior to September 1st 2019.
· Be unmarried or never been married.
· Be female, born in Ireland or an Irish citizen or of Irish origin by virtue of one of your ancestors having been born in Ireland.
· For applicants residing outside the island of Ireland – be living in the region you wish to represent for a minimum of one year and recommend that if selected as the Rose that you will remain resident in this region for the following 12 months.
· Never have previously represented any Centre as a Rose in the Regional Festival or International Rose of Tralee Selection.
· Be available for Rose Selection events and if selected be available for International Festival events.
All in all a great event and leading to wonderful experience.